Divorce is all about timing – if you have lost your financial footing in marriage what do you do?
1. Start by documenting your financial marriage history. Provide a detailed history of the marriage, the writing and signing of the pre-nuptial agreement.
2. Know your expenses – create an historical, temporary and post divorce budget.
3. Focus on child support if the income is not sufficient to provide maintenance/alimony to you.
4. Create a career plan for yourself that includes re-training, education, and a plan to re-enter the work force. Use a career advisor if possible.
5. Go to a temporary agency and find out if you are employable.
6. Keep your separate assets segregated from joint funds.